”China is today seeking to change the status quo by bringing large forces in violation of our agreements”, said the External Affairs Minister of India, Dr. S. Jaishankar while addressing the 53rd Anniversary Day of Thuglak magazine in Chennai.
He spoke on 10 reasons why India matters to the world which are
- What India is saying, doing and shaping is a powerful reason why it matters.
- India’s working democracy is an important reason for the world why it matters.
- India matters because global opportunities and challenges cannot be separated and India counts on both scores.
- India matters when it is perceived as an exemplar by many in the Global South. And because there are few others who have taken our Development Partnership approach.
- India matters when it makes a greater contribution to global production and services.
- India matters when the world sees a nation that will not be coerced. And because it can make a real difference to global security.
- India will matter when it returns to history and recognizes our extended neighbourhoods. Also, when we reclaim our history.
- Rising India wants to engage world more,not less.India will matter more when it is more authentically India.
- India matters because its diplomacy is keeping pace with a changing world.
- Importantly, a 360 degree outlook under Modi Govt is the reason why India matters.
Fuul speech avaialble at